|Grunkle Stan's Fez|
|Upload date||Oct 29, 2013|
|Writer and Director||Douglas MacKrell|
|Next||Stan's Secret Twin|
"Stan's Fez" is the topic of the first meeting of the Royal Order of the Holy Mackerel.
Douglas MacKrell connects Grunkle Stan's mysterious fez to the real world and what it means.
As regular Gravity Falls watchers know, the symbol on Grunkle Stan's fez changes slightly between the episodes Boss Mabel and Bottomless Pit. The change comes after a short hiatus of the show, and could easily be chalked up to both physical damage to the fez itself and a revamping of the show's design post hiatus - but I believe there's more to it than that.
The symbol directly connects to the name of the secret society Stan is a part of - The Royal Order of the Holy Mackerel. It's clearly a fish with an enormous mouth that's about to eat something.
Is this change of symbols a reflection of the advancement of the coming apocalypse they talk about in Gravity Falls? Is this change of symbol because of a raise of rank within the Royal Order of the Holy Mackerel? What is that fish about to eat in the second symbol?
- The Codes on the Thumbnail are in Bill Cipher's Font and translate to WATCH THE SKIES and TRUST NO ONE.
- This is the first meeting of the Royal Order of the Holy Mackerel.
- This is also the only meeting to have the experimental opening.
- This week's challenge was "The Trial of Membership".
- The reward is the Official Membership Card.